Coaching skills are useful for people who are interested in helping both themselves and others to feel engaged and to thrive. People who have developed their coaching abilities establish trusting, mutually respectful relationships. They focus on supporting others to make positive improvements. The history of coaching stretches back to Socrates and coaching methods are derived from the principles of adult learning and psychology.
Objectives: By the end of the course participants will be able
• Identify the skills that an individual needs to be an
• Describe what coaching is and what it is not
• Learn how to set and achieve goals
• Give feedback more effectively
• Understand how to structure 1-2-1 coaching sessions
• Use coaching techniques to support themselves and
others to take greater responsibility for their own progress
• Plan for their own development as coaches
This is a highly interactive course. There will be ample
opportunity to practice your skills and to plan how to apply
them to real life situations.